Frequently Asked Question Regarding Admission in AMIE

students who are willing to take admission into AMIE after 10+2 or diploma or with any other qualification  they have lots of question in their mind regarding AMIE. some  Frequently Asked Question Regarding Admission in AMIEF are given .

1.I have done 3 year Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineerig. Will I get exemption from Section A?
You are eligible for Diploma stream. No exemption.
You have to appear in both Section A and B.
2.Can I appear in forthcoming exams? My ref no. is 100200725850.
This is just a ref number, not a membership number. You can not appear in AMIE exams without membership number. That too if your date of election is August 31 or before (for latest Winter exams) or Feb 28 or before (for latest Summer exams).


3.I have just finished Diploma. My DMC will come after few months. Is it possible that I join your membership package now, you give me coaching material and send my membership form later after receiving DMC?
 Yes, this is possible.

4.I completed Diploma in Tool and Die Making from NTTF Technical Training Centre,Tellicherry, Kerala in 1999. Please confirm if I am qualified for applying AMIE in diploma stream.
You are eligible.
5.What is the eligibility for doing AMIE?
ELIGIBILITY FOR VARIOUS CLASSES OF MEMBERSHIP
(Technician and Senior Technician Members)
Pl click here


You may take membership at Indian address. But, it is not possible to give exams from Kenya because there is no exam centre. To appear in exams you have to come to India. There is no other option.

7.I have done B.Sc. If apply for admission in AMIE, would there be any exemption in Section A subjects?
You will be given admission on 10+2 basis. Hence there will be NO exemption in any subject.

8.I have received an sms from IEI, Kolkata "WE HAVE RECEIVED RS. 4800 ON 02/06/2010. QUOTE REFNO.-100200718420. But I have not received any admission card or membership numbere by post.
You are lucky if you receive an SMS from IEI. It will take at least 75 days to get membership.


9.Which certificates should be attached with membership form?
For Diploma Pass outs

Xerox of

  • high school(10th) mark sheet and certificate
  • Intermediate mark sheet(12th) and certificate (not necessary if you have done diploma after high school)
  • Diploma final pass mark sheets and
  • Provisional certificate as obtained from your polytechnic (not more tha two years old). . If your provisional certificate is older than two years, then enclose Xerox of certificate obtained from Board of Technical Education.
(All attested by AMIE/MIE/FIE member)

For 10+2 (PCME)

Xerox copies of

  • high school(10th) mark sheet and certificate
  • Intermediate, mark sheet(12th) and certificate
(All attested by AMIE/MIE/FIE member)

10.I have passed Diploma in IT/Computer Engg. Am I eligible for AMIE? 

For Diploma IT/Comp. Engg, you will get Admission in AMIE if you have chemistry, physics and engineering drawing in your first year of Diploma or

Old students from U.P. or Uttarakhand could not get admission only due to above mentioned reason. you have passed 12th with PCME alonwith Diploma.


11.Presently I am from UAE and planning to enrol in my permanent address (India), is it possible. Can I do only exams here in UAE? And correspondence to India.

You can apply at your Indian address. However you may appear from any exam  centre (including overseas). You have to enclose a reason with exam form regarding change of exam centre. Exam fee (overseas) is $150.


12.Do I need to send my certificates (original) along with the membership package offered by AMIE Study Circle? 

No. Only Xerox (non attested).


13.IEI requests certificate attestation by already AMIE enrolled personals and if I join your admission pack, who will do that? 

We will do that. We will get your form and xerox docs attested by corporate members. Attestation by gadgeted officers will not work.

14.I want to study Aerospace Engg from IEI, Kolkata. Is it possible.
Presently exams are not being conducted in Aerospace Engg branch.

15.I heve not yet received provisnal diploma from my collage, how can I apply for AMIE admission?
Without provisional certificate & final pass marks sheet you can not apply for AMIE admission.

16.I am presently doing Diploma. Can I do AMIE?
If you have passed 10+2 in PCME with min 45% marks then you may apply for AMIE in non diploma stream. In this stream you have to pass 19 subjects as opposed to 13 subjects for Diploma holders.

17.Can I appear in any branch in AMIE after passing Diploma?You can do AMIE an any branch. However, you should prefer to do AMIE in same branch in which you did Diploma.

18.I received the membership through sms/letter but not documents, identity card etc. Should I fill exam form? 
You can fill exam form for forthcoming exams if your date of election is on or before Feb 28 (for Summer exam) or August 31 (for Winter exam). This condition holds good for new membership. You will receive other documents at appropriate time from IEI, Kolkata. If you do not received these documents after a long time has passed, you should see your status by clicking on following links:

Non-delivery-study material
Non-delivery-identity card

Identity card is generally sent separately after few weeks of sending membership number.

19.I want to resister in Hindi exam but I want to know that the question paper is in hindi or hindi-english both.

Question paper will be in English Only.



20.I have received membership number but not identity card and other documents. Can I apply for exams?

Yes, you can apply for forthcoming exams. Provided your date of election is Aug 31 (for latest Winter exam) or Feb 28 (for latest Summer exam).

Just fill the exam form (in the period prescribed, Generally Feb 15 to April 20 for Summer and Aug 16 to Oct 20 for Winter exams). Send this exam form with DD of requisite fee by speed post (as you can track speed post, do not send this by private courier service). Keep a Xerox of exam form and DD in your records (as safety measure).

Your identity card/other docs etc will come late.



21.Can I apply for section B registration and exam form simutaneously for next exam after announcement of result?

No. You will get registration form and identity card from IEI after you have passed Section A. You have to fill this form and send it to IEI, Kolkata.




22.Can I apply for forthcoming exams? I have already applied for membership but so far could not get membership number?

You can apply for December exams only is your date of election is August 31 or before.

You can apply for June exams only is your date of election is February 28 or before.




23.I wanted to know if one fails in any subject of amie, he has to attend every subject, he has already passed? Is that true.

This is NOT true. You have to appear only in those subjects in which you have been declared failed.



24.I am ST Member of AMIE. I have given exam of section A from India. But now I am in doha(qatar). Can I appear for exam from same membership from Qatar exam centre?
You can appear with same membership. Just fill code of Doha exam centre in exam form. Attach an application giving reason for change of exam centre. Exam fee $150.




25.If I pass Section A completely then is it possible to appear in Section B in next semester?

Yes. You can appear in next semester exams. You will receive relevant documents from IEI in due course of time to enable you to appear in next exams.




26.I have applied to appear for four subjects for forthcoming exams.. If I don't appear in two or three subjects will they treat as a absent or Fail in the result. Will it give any impact to appear in next exams?

It will not affect you in any respect. You can appear in any number of subjects even after filling all the subjects in exam form. You can even drop the entire exam. You can appear in next exams in usual manner.




27.Is there any system of reevaluation of a particular subject?

There is no system of reevaluation/recounting in AMIE exams.





28.Plz tell me regarding the nature of question paper in section A&B of AMIE.
Have to answer five questions. Question number 1 (objective) is compulsory. Rest of the four questions are of descriptive in nature. Each question carries 20 marks. You have to attempt total five questions.



29.I have already attended all the four papers of Section-A, diploma stream, but I could not pass even one. Please advice me which are the papers I should choose from section-A, for ease, as a beginner.

Try to give two papers at a time. As there are two papers are conducted in every day, hence, try to select 01 and 03 or 02 & 04 to have revision time in between papers.






Previous Post Next Post