Facts About Recognition of Professional Technical Qualification in India

As we knows that the Institution of Engineers(India) is a biggest professional technical Institution  in our country with it's largest engineering discipline and vast network  of state and local centre throughout the country on the other hand there are also other profession technical institution in our country which are the serving the country as IE (I) which are as follow
 1.The Institution of Mechanical Engineers ( India ) 2. The Institution of Electronic and Telecommunication Engineers (India)
3. Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering
4. Institution of Civil Engineers (India)
5. Aeronautical Society of India

So many Students in India who are pursuing professional Technical qualification in /India are not aware about the facts about the ' Associate Membership Courses recognition ' in India.


The facts about recognition of 'Associate  membership Courses In India are as Follow.

1. The ' Associate Membership / Graduate   & " Diploma level courses" conducted by the recognised technical professional Institution  like Institution of Engineers(India) , The Institution of Mechanical Engineers (India) , Navi Mumbai , The Institution of Electronic and Telecommunication Engineers (India) are recognised by the Ministry of HRD , Govt of India (  After getting due examination / recommended by the AICTE , New Delhi)

2.The course contents for the "Associate Membership/Graduateship " & "Diploma Level" Courses conducted by the recognised  Technical Professional Institutions in India Like :The Institution of Engineers(India)-Kolkatta , The Institution of Mechanical Engineers(India), Institution of Electronic And Telecommunication  etc.. are scrutinized by the A.I.C.T.E. regularly on the instructions by the MHRD,Govt. of India for controlling the quality of education.

3.The "Associate Membership/Graduateship " & "Diploma Level" can be run as per the A.I.C.T.E. approved syllabus only.The A.I.C.T.E. shall approve & sign the syllabus book of the particular Institution and submit to the MHRD,Govt. of India & one copy is handed over to the Institution & other with the A.I.C.T.E.

4.The A.I.C.T.E. releases funds under "SCHEME OF FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE TO PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES/ BODIES " for supporting the professional activities of the Technical Professional Institutions in India Like :The Institution of Engineers(India) , The Institution of Mechanical Engineers(India),
The Institution of Electronic and Telecommunication Engineers etc..

5.The A.I.C.T.E. is not directly involved in the recognition of the "Associate Membership/Graduateship " &  "Diploma Level" courses conducted the the Technical Professional Institutions as the same is done by the MHRD,Govt. of India.


6.All the "Associate Membership/Graduateship" & "Diploma Level" courses awarded by the recognised Technical Professional Institutions like-The Institution of Engineers(India)-Kolkatta ,Institution of Mechanical Engineers(India), are recognised by the MHRD-Govt. of India only after assessment of the syllabus,course contents,method of examination conduct,rules & regulations etc.. of each of the professional Institution through A.I.C.T.E.
   
7.The professional Technical Qualifications Like : A.M.I.E(I), A.M.I.Mech.E(I) etc.. doesn't come under the Preview of the DISTANCE EDUCTAION COUNCIL(DEC). Only the recognised Universities / Deemed Universities / Autonomous Institutes comes under the preview of the DEC.

8.That's why the distance learning Engineering degrees / Diplomas conducted by the recognised Universities / Deemed Universities / Autonomus Institutes are never preffered in industry over the ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP CERTIFICATES as the ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP CERTIFICATES are directly awarded by the core Engineering Institutions [which also represent country on International Forums] itself duly recognised by the MHRD-Govt. of India thru A.I.C.T.E.  


9.The A.M.I.E.(I) &  A.M.I.Mech.E(I) qualifications are recognised in USA as equivalent to the Engg. degree from a recognised USA university for admission to M.S.(Mechanical) courses. 

10.The A.M.I.E.(I) , A.M.I.Mech.E(I) , A.M.I.E.T.E. etc. Degree certificates shall be submitted to any authority : India or Abroad along with the Copy of the Section-A &Section-B Marksheets and the RECOGNITION LETTERS ISSUED BY THE MINISTRY OF HRD,GOVT. OF INDIA only for any body's verification.
 
11.The A.M.Ae.S.I. &  A.M.I.E.T.E. of India are recognised by the the Engineering Council of UK for the Direct entry to Part-II of there examinations.

12.As per the procedure by the Govt. of India approval from AICTE is not required for the Professional Technical Societies in India like : The Insitution of Engineers(India)-Kolkatta , Insitution of Mechanical Engineers (India)-Navi Mumbai,IETE-New Delhi etc.The Ministry of HRD get the Course Syllabus of these Institutions reviewed & approved by the AICTE.As per the recommendations of the AICTE , Minsitry of HRD releases the Recognition notification for publishing in Gazattee of India.
So AICTE have no direct powers to recoignise A.M.I.E (I) ,T.Eng. , A.M.I.Mech.E(I), AMIETE , AMAeSI etc.. courses.



The MHRD,Govt. of India gets examined the syllabus , scheme of examinations , methods of conducting examinations,rules for award of Degree/Diploma etc. of the particular Institution  thru the A.I.C.T.E. & only after receipt of the approval / recommendation from the A.I.C.T.E. , the course is recognised by the MHRD-Govt. of India.

This is for the information for all the members of the Technical Professional Institutions in the country.
Previous Post Next Post