Some General Queries Regarding AMIE Examination

1.What is difference between admission form and exam form?
To apply for admission, you will need admission (membership) form.
To appear in exams, you should fill and send exam form to IEI with DD of requisite fee. You can appear in AMIE exams only after getting membership.

2.What do Summer and Winter exams mean?
Summer exams are held in the month of June in first week (generally from first Saturday).
Winter exams are held in the month of December in first week (generally from first Saturday).

3.If in Section A , a student fails in two subjects does he/she has to appear in all the four subjects?
No. He has to appear in failed subjects only

4.Interactive Help desk at IEI
In order to give better and timely service to our T/ST and other members, the Institution has implemented Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS) at IEI

Existing T/ST/Associate/Corporate members of the Institution interested to know the roll number/examination results/ payment details or any other queries related to Examination/Membership may dial the number 033 4015 5400.

Members are to key-in 7 digit membership number and first 11 digits of the reference number received through sms or letter from IEI (as applicable) and follow the instruction as sounded by the system.

5.If I left the previous exam, can I attend the next exam?
 Yes, definitely. If you skip previous exam then it does not matter. Just forget it.
Fill exam form for next exam in the notified duration and send it to IEI, Kolkata with specified exam fee.

6.In section B when will I appear for optional subjects?
You may appear in any subject any time.

7.I want to resister in Hindi exam but I want to know that the question paper is in hindi or hindi-english both.
Question paper will be in English Only.

8.I have received membership number but not identity card and other documents. Can I apply for exams?
Yes, you can apply for forthcoming exams. Provided your date of election is Aug 31 (for latest Winter exam) or Feb 28 (for latest Summer exam).

Just fill the exam form (in the period prescribed, Generally Feb 15 to April 20 for Summer and Aug 16 to Oct 20 for Winter exams). Send this exam form with DD of requisite fee by speed post (as you can track speed post, do not send this by private courier service). Keep a Xerox of exam form and DD in your records (as safety measure).

Your identity card/other docs etc will come late.

9.Can I appear in forthcoming exams? My ref no. is 100200725850.
This is just a ref number, not a membership number. You can not appear in AMIE exams without membership number. That too if your date of election is August 31 or before (for latest Winter exams) or Feb 28 or before (for latest Summer exams).

10.Can I apply for section B registration and exam form simutaneously for next exam after announcement of result.
No. You will get registration form and identity card from IEI after you have passed Section A. You have to fill this form and send it to IEI, Kolkata.

11.Can I apply for forthcoming exams? I have already applied for membership but so far could not get membership number.
 You can apply for December exams only is your date of election is August 31 or before.
You can apply for June exams only is your date of election is February 28 or before.

12.I wanted to know if one fails in any subject of amie, he has to attend every subject, he has already passed? Is that true.
This is NOT true. You have to appear only in those subjects in which you have been declared failed.

13.I am recently going to Kenya for my new job. I also want to continue my AMIE. How can I do so?
You may take membership at Indian address. But, it is not possible to give exams from Kenya because there is no exam centre. To appear in exams you have to come to India. There is no other option.

14.I am ST Member of AMIE. I have given exam of section A from India. But now I am in doha(qatar). Can I appear for exam from same membership from Qatar exam centre?
You can appear with same membership. Just fill code of Doha exam centre in exam form. Attach an application giving reason for change of exam centre. Exam fee $150.

15.If I pass Section A completely then is it possible to appear in Section B in next semester?
Yes. You can appear in next semester exams. You will receive relevant documents from IEI in due course of time to enable you to appear in next exams.

16.I have applied to appear for four subjects for forthcoming exams.. If I don't appear in two or three subjects will they treat as a absent or Fail in the result. Will it give any impact to appear in next exams?
It will not affect you in any respect. You can appear in any number of subjects even after filling all the subjects in exam form. You can even drop the entire exam. You can appear in next exams in usual manner.

17.Is there any system of reevaluation of a particular subject?
There is no system of reevaluation/recounting in AMIE exams.

18.Can I appear in any branch in AMIE after passing Diploma?
You can do AMIE an any branch. However, you should prefer to do AMIE in same branch in which you did Diploma.

19.Where should I send exam related complaints?
Ph: 033-40106234, 40106253

20.What would happen if I write roll number or my name in answer sheet(internal pages).
You should not write your roll number, name etc in your answer sheets (internal pages). Your will be declared FAIL.


Post a Comment

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

Previous Post Next Post