Frequently Asked Question Regarding Change of Stream

1.My six year period has ended in Summer 2011. Can I get 2 years extension? I have already passed three subjects in Section A.
No two year extension for new scheme students (students enrolled in and after 2005). You should go for re-registration. All passed subjects will be cancelled. There is no other way.

You have to send (i) reregistration form with requisite fee (ii) registration for section B form with requisite fee (if passed section A) (iii) change of address form (if your recorded address has been changed) with requisite fee.

For re-registration, click http://www.amiestudycircle.com/membership.htm

2.I have been registered with IEI by the name Srivastava R as per the Radar Fitter certificate issued to me by Indian Air force but my full name is Ritesh Srivastava and I want to get registered with my full name. What should I do?
IEI uses the name taken from your latest qualification on which basis you are getting admission in IEI. So, your name is taken from Radar Fitter certificate (not from matric certificate). Hence there is no possibility of name change in IEI records.

3.I have taken non diploma stream membership on the basis of 10+2 while doing Diploma. Now I have passed Diploma. How Can I change my Technician membership to Senior Technician membership after passing Diploma?
You should send an application regarding this to IEI, Kolkata. They will send you a blank id card. You have to return this id card with DD of requisite fee, to IEI.

A Technician member, after acquiring diploma level qualification, changes his membership to Senior Technician, s/he shall be considered, on request, as exempted from Section 'A' Examination, provided s/he has secured exemption (obtained Grade 'C' or above with minimum GPA being 6) in four common subjects of same nomenclature in both Section 'A' (Non-diploma) and Section 'A' (Diploma) of revised syllabi.

No pass grade card of Section 'A' shall be issued. S/he shall be eligible to register for Section 'B', with requisite fee, with an undertaking that s/he shall not claim pass grade card for Section 'A'. The CGPA shall be calculated only on the basis of Section 'B' Examination, project work and laboratory experiments.

In case the Technician Member secured exemption in one or more common subject(s) of same nomenclature in both the schemes of revised syllabi, grade in common subject(s) can be carried forward, on request, after change of her/his membership.

4.I registered my section B in electrical branch. But now, I want to be change my branch in mechanical. How can I do so?
You should fill form for change of branch. To download the form click here

5.I have just filled up and sent examination form to IEI, Kolkata with requisite fee. Now I want to change exam centre. How can I do so?
You should send an application to Director (Examinations), The Institution of Engineers(India), 8, Gokhale Road, Kolkata 700020 W.B. mentioning your membership number and DD number of fee (if possible) stating the reason for change of exam centre. It is upto him to change the exam centre.

6.How to change my address in IEI records?
You have to fill and send change of address form. To download, click here. Fee is Rs. 150/-. Also enclose original identity card with it. Keep a Xerox of these docs.

7.How can I change my optional subjects?
You should fill form for change of branch/optional subjects. To download the form click here 

8.How can I change my default exam centre while filling exam form?
You can appear from any exam centre of your choice. However you must enclose an application with exam form stating the reason for change of exam centre. 

Post a Comment

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

Previous Post Next Post